A New Direction In Perforating Technology
A Complete Completions Solution
Completions just became infinitely easier. The FlowGun™ well completion system from Nine Energy Service offers completely interventionless, casing-conveyed perforating technology. In one groundbreaking system, you now have greater efficiency, control and flexibility.
With FlowGun, you can extend your wellbore reach past 18,000 feet, beyond coil-tubing and wireline limitations. Much like a plug ‘n’ perf design, the system can be configured to convey a single or multiple modules. No sleeves to shift, exposing formation. No wet shoe required. Just unfettered operational performance.
The FlowGun boosts the efficiency of a perforated toe stage without the need for wellbore intervention. Pressure-activated, the FlowGun system eliminates the need to run wireline or coil tubing and requires no electronic detonation. It provides:
- Enhanced production efficiency
- Greater mechanical reliability
- Faster completions
- Superior safety
A Faster Path To Production
The bottom hole assembly is conveyed into the wellbore, taking FlowGun clusters to targeted depths. After the wellbore is cemented, the casing is pressure activated and perf charges are fired. In four hours, you can pressure test surface iron and wellbore, detonate guns, displace acid and place stage one.
Enhanced Safety, Every Step of the Way
Offering a highly controlled perforating process, the FlowGun system can help you enhance safety and mitigate wellsite hazards. With no electronic detonators, there’s no risk of surface or premature detonation. FlowGun clusters cannot detonate electronically, eliminating premature firing due to stray voltage. FlowGun technology further supports safe operations by:
- Reducing overhead loads
- Requiring fewer wellsite personnel for operation
- Reducing trucking hours and third-party services
- Minimizing environmental impact
In addition, all components in the FlowGun well completion system are subject to stringent inspections from manufacture to field implementation. A detailed checklist is followed for every assembly to ensure proper quality.
The FlowGun well completion system manages several downhole jobs with one tool and one crew—dramatically boosting efficiency by eliminating an entire phase of the completion process. Offering accuracy, flexibility and reliability, the FlowGun can help
- Reduce costs
- Increase frac control
- Enhance wellsite safety
- Improve rig-to-market efficiency
When you’re ready for a new direction in horizontal drilling, the FlowGun from Nine can get you there.
Pressure Test Options
- Offers low-pressure test for Frac Stage 1 and full-pressure test prior to Frac Stage 2
- Performs pressure test at 1,000 psi below calculated fire pressure
- Fires guns at Frac Stage 1
- Pumps down CBP for Stage 2 isolation, pressure test and perforating
- Offers 4.15” baffle/dissolvable ball and performs pressure test at 1,000 psi below calculated fire pressure
- Fires guns and drops 4.375” dissolvable ball to seat and then performs pressure test
- Balls will dissolve in +/- 24 hours after Frac Stage 1
- Offers new pressure test function that has been successful in field trials
- Can perform pressure test and hold for as long as needed and can bleed off if leak occurs
- Back up pressure to obtain full pressure test, bleed off and then fire guns
A Proven Performer
We have installed hundreds of FlowGun systems, achieving a 100 percent rate of successful detonation. In fact, of the jobs set up for a first full stage, all but one were successfully fracked—and that one was still unsuccessful after numerous re-perf attempts.
Better Solution at A Lower Cost
By choosing FlowGun over traditional wireline or coil-tubing solutions, you’re getting a solution that’s statistically more effective. Better yet, you eliminate an entire phase of the completion process, along with all the associated costs. That means you’re not paying for additional water, tank trucking, BOP rental, coil tubing, chemicals, crew and labor. Contact your local sales representative for pricing.